Pole Dancing has certainly evolved from its days of strip clubs. We are so far removed from clubs that women, men, mothers and children look at the vertical pole as a fun and effective workout. Pole Fitness training is anaerobic, aerobic and improves flexibility. Here’s why:
You get an anaerobic workout from using your body weight as resistance.
- Anaerobic exercise helps prevent health problems.
- Builds and maintains lean muscle mass.
- Increases bone strength and density.
- Boosts metabolism.
- Reshapes the body and improves appearance.
Flexibility is improved from the warm-up and cool down which includes an emphasis on flexibility training.
- Being flexible will improved performance and decrease risk of injuries (even later in life).
- Reduces muscle soreness.
- Improved posture, reduced risk of low back pain, increased blood and nutrients to tissues, improved muscle coordination, and enhanced enjoyment of physical activities.
You will get an aerobic workout from consistently using large muscles continuously and rhythmically.
- Aerobic exercise helps you lose weight and keep it off.
- Increases stamina and reduces fatigue, wards off viral illnesses such as colds and flu.
- Reduce your health risks such as obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, stroke and certain types of cancer. Weight-bearing
- Manage chronic conditions such as lowering high blood pressure and control blood sugar.
- Strengthen your heart.
- Keeps your arteries clear.
- Boosts your mood, by reducing depression and anxiety and promotes relaxation.
- Stay active and independent as you age.
- Live longer.
So all the rumors you have been hearing are true! Using a vertical pole is in fact an excellent form of fitness. Plus pole fitness is fun which means you will look forward to every workout. You may even find yourself taking better care of your overall health by making important improvements in your lifestyle such as nutrition and sleep.